What Is a Conference Room?
What Are Conference Room Requirements?
- One-On-One or Private Space: A place for two people to meet in a quiet, private setting. A SMARTdesk such as the Cirrus Rectangular Table equipped with a CPU holder, laptop storage, keyboard tray, and more can facilitate a productive session between two employees.
- Huddle Spaces: Small meeting spaces for brainstorming and collaboration sessions in an open plan learning space or small room. What is a huddle table? Typically, they are smaller and rounder tables that face a large screen that caters to presentations and meetings with someone who is not in person. These spaces work wonders for smaller teams collaborating on projects. SMARTdesks offers a Boost Collaborative Conference Table which is a terrific example of a huddle space conference table.
- Small Conference Spaces: These spaces can typically fit teams of up to 10 people. The space is conducive to Hybrid Meetings accommodating both in person and virtual participants.. Small conference rooms can feature several different styles of tables and multiple screens to increase productivity.
- Large Conference Spaces: The large conference space is suitable for large groups and can seat many people depending on the room size and shape. Standard sizes can accommodate up to 18 people and custom tables can seat many more. These larger conference tables are flexible in purpose from training, collaboration, to traditional boardroom conferences. The SMARTdesks Piano Duet Conference Tables can seat 10 to 18 users and can support all of their devices and serve as a Hybrid Meeting hub..
What Makes a Great Conference Room?
- What are the room dimensions?
- What is the maximum number of people who will sit at the table?
- What is the purpose of the conference room?
- Is it a boardroom?
- A training room?
- A deposition room?
- A collaboration space?
- How much space should be between the conference table and the wall?
- How do I choose a conference table?
The free design consultation with our designers will help you clarify the vision, mission, and purpose of your Conference Room and help you choose the best conference table or custom conference table for your conference room. Send us a no obligation request today: Design Request Form
What Are Conference Tables Used For?
- The Boardroom
- The Collaboration Conference Room
- The Training Room
- The Team Workshop Room
- The Deposition Room
- The Situation Room
- The Debriefing Room
- The Deal Room
- The Hybrid meeting Room
What are the types of conference tables?
- Size – Common conference table sizes include: 8 feet long, 10 feet long, and 12 feet long with 12 being the most popular size. SMARTdesks’ design team will collaborate with you to create the perfect conference table with the exact size and number of seats needed.
- Materials – Popular materials for conference tables include: hardwood, veneer, glass, steel, stone, and PVC. Wood conference tables are a timeless classic that many customers choose. Here at SMARTdesks, we build our conference tables using only the highest quality materials including hardwood, veneer, laminates, thermofoils with an aesthetic range of edge treatments.
- Shape – Typical shapes for conference tables include: rectangular, u-shape, boat, round, keystone, modular, and triangular. Each shape has its own advantages and disadvantages, especially once introduced into a unique space.
How Do I Choose a Conference Table?
Surprisingly to some, choosing the perfect conference table is a difficult decision. The great news is that if you have an industry leader to guide you through the process, your conference table and room will be a success!. Visit with our SMARTdesks design team by scheduling a meeting through our Integrated Design Services link.
Where Can SMARTDesks Be Used?
What Are the Benefits of SMARTDesks?
- Power hybrid work ecosystems
- Deliver a cultural hub for your diverse team
- Embrace scalable, long-term planning
- Offer space diversity for various projects and meeting types
- Incentivise more collaboration
Convert your Conference room with SMARTdesks
Get started with us today by filling out our quote request form to begin the journey of designing, building and installing your custom conference table.